Friday, June 15, 2012

Back on the blog

WHOA! it's been awhile since i posted. What a crazy/awesome season it has been. My last time posting i had just done the first mash'n'thrash. I ended up going back there 2 more weeks and got destroyed in both of them. the last week though i stayed with the group a lot longer then usual and was genuinely happy with my performance and improvements. I am excited for this winter when those races start back up to see how i have improved in my first true race season. My first road race of the year (and my highest ranking so far) was the lost hills road race. this race was a true challenge. although the course was flat as a pancake with a slight up hill finish....there was horrible winds and a 2mile dirt road section that made a good portion of the field DNF (did not finish). the winds were so strong the entire peloten was leaning hard to the side just to stay upright, and, in all of the pictures you can see the skin of everyones faces being blown to the side. a break happened with about 6 of us and after some guys just popped and some got unlucky in the dirt section it ended up being 2 of us going into the last lap. The other rider out sprinted me at the finish and took the win. I learned a lot that day about finishing that has benefited me in just about every race since then. Probably the most exciting race so far was the Bakersfield downtown criterium where my teammate zane took the win and good friend and training partner ryan got third (i took 8th or 9th i forget). Again i learned something new in that race.....after a lead out for a teammate dont just drop off and cheer him on, but, instead get out of the way and keep sprinting you never know what you might find you have left and you can still try to get a higher position for upgrade points and shwag.

The last couple weeks have been intense. Two weekends ago i had district championship which is a very challenging course and pace. Last weekend was camarillo duathlon which i did as a team relay with the gieses. Then this weekend is the jailhouse criterium in castaic on saturday then the tgr time trial on sunday. I'm looking forward to having all these races behind me and getting back to training and enjoying group rides. I'm not sure what is left on my calendar for this year especially with harvest coming in about 2months.







No comments:

Post a Comment