Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bikeless vacation

I got a few days off before I go into hibernation for almond harvest and so I am back home in northern idaho. The town I grew up in blew up with ironman fever so everyone here rides tt bikes. My in laws rented a cabin just outside of town that overlooks tne beautiful lake and an amazing bike path. It.goes right along the lake has few small climbs and looks like it was repaved yesterday. And of course I dont have my.bike. Its one of those paths that are so smooth that.the lack of friction makes you glide like a free wheelset up grade. So I sit on the porch and watch people fly by on their tt bikes. I only own a road bike but I have BAD tt bike fever right now. So basically it is murder watching these guys fly by. HOWEVER, I realised what a bike snob ive become. mainly guys wearing sleevless bile jerseys. They belong in tri's not on the bike path on weekend rides. Same with bags on the top tube. Tt bikes on club rides.....no bueno. I feel this town hasnt had a strong road culture long enough to know these rules. I suppose a few snobs will eventually move here and whip them in shape

No comments:

Post a Comment