Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Interesting Tour of Utah

This is the first year I have followed the tour of utah (and i believe the first year it has been televised). I watched most of the prologue this morning as i was getting ready for work and I'm very interested in how they had it set up. a 5min all out effort! it's cool to do something different like that but will a move like that attract more teams in the future? I'm always excited for U.S. races to grow and i haven't quite settled on who i want to be the victor in this one. I'd love to see tejay van garderen take it especially because of the depressing news that htc highroad will no longer be a team after this year. we've got brent and george who are fresh off the tour de france helping the kangaroo win the maillot jaune so i wouldnt be surprised if that gave them a boost of confidence to go for it. Probably a favorite to win is levi but he always seems to find himself in trouble. Then we've got tommy danielson who i really don't know much about except that everyone seems to think he's something amazing, ill be interested to keep an eye on him. Pretty exciting that everyone on that list are STRONG americans!

On the home front I'm hoping to get a couple rides in tonight. A tt with a 2000ft of climbing at the middle and a moderatly paced ride with my wife and local club.

No comments:

Post a Comment